"A sculpture must be a language...
A language understood by everyone.
A sculptor must be silent....
and you make me talk, a most beautiful order:
Talking about Freedom..."
• This land in the south of the Mediterranean, where the roughness of the stone mixed with a scent of hot earth are captivating, inspired the hand of the sculptor Jean-Pierre Baldini.
• Day after day, with application and perseverance, Jean-Pierre Baldini modelled, kneaded, this material so noble, chiselled it so that it becomes this elegance, this lightness, this balance ... Jean-Pierre Baldini posed them, like a photographer capturing his models, one by one, they have become his muses. Bathed throughout his life by this generous obsession with eternal beauty, the artist loses us in a fundamental reflection with strength and commitment by leading us to dream in this so sensual universe. In tireless search of the mystery of femininity, Jean-Pierre Baldini broadened his field of creation and found a diversity of philosophical meaning in the different approaches to life.
• In an enchanting journey, made of shapes, movements and grace, the reality of a moment gives way to a beautiful and unique dream which invite us by Jean-Pierre Baldini. Behind the unusual or even surprising style, we feel in the heart this artist who masters and declines, with great generosity, sensitivity and passion, his space of freedom.
• The messages pass, subliminal or not, and do not leave us indifferent. Touched to the heart by these clean lines, this grace of the curve in a movement of life of a contemporaneity which leads to asking existential questions, makes us want to discover the continuation of this path of life of such artistic intensity.
50 Years of Sculpture
Notable Realizations & Exhibitions in Europe
• 1949: Born in Cannes, France
• 1966: First steps on wood sculpture with Almela, a sculptor of Spanish origin.
At the same time, he studied the Beaux-Arts in Nîmes.
• 1968: At 19 year's old, 1st exhibition at the Town Hall of Arles, France.
• 1968 - 1984: During 17 years, he developed an original technique that freed him from the constraints inherent in wood, stone and plaster sculpture.
• 1985: It is bronze becoming his favorite material, which will allow him to perpetuate research in his quest to obtain ever more independence from matter.
• Since 1985 up to today: Jean-Pierre Baldini creates limited series with each time a specific theme mainly inspired from nature, like like "Air", "Earth", "Feather", "Trace". Each of these periods are identified by an original conceptual argument which inevitably influences the form without however prohibiting a minimum of continuity.
Over 50 years Jean-Pierre Baldini made nearly 300 bronze sculptures in themes of 25 series every 2-3 years that mark the strong personality of this artist. He is always inspired by the nature, various fondamental elements of life, leading to beautiful series like "Earth", "Fire", "Air", "Water", "Rhythm", "Feather", "Shadow", "Trace", "Fracture", etc...
Prestigious places have welcomed his work: the UN in Geneva, the Château de Biron, the Senate in Paris, Saint Martin de Boschervillem, the Athenaeum Palace in Geneva... The recognition of his peers and the public is attested by multiple institutional orders, numerous national and international exhibitions. He is present in several private collections of great reputation. To this day, the quest continues...
• Monumental Realizations & Cultural Projects :
1987: Winner of the National Sculpture Competition of the Paul Ricard Foundation,
Creation of a fountain for the City of Arles
1989: Guest of honor at the Salon de Douai
1990: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture of“Étoile sur Rhône”, France
1991: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture for the city of Montpellier, France
1992: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture for the city of Rognac, France
1995: Installation of a monumental sculpture in Louvain, Belgium
1996: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture for Maubeuge, France
2001: Creation of Convergence B association for the promotion of Baldini's work
2002: Creation of the Baldini trophy awarded each year to lauréate Supinfocom
2006: Creation of a monumental sculpture for the city of Franqueville St Pierre, France
Creation of of a monumental sculpture for the foundation of l’Hôtel Négresco,
2009: Creation of a bronze sculpture on the theme of donation for the foundation of S.A.R. Princesse Margarita de Roumanie, Roumania
2013: Guest of honor at Salon de Port de Bouc, le Puy en Velay, France
2015: Publication of the book “TRACE” , writed by Gérard Pons & Hervé Hôte
• Exhibitions :
Art Thema HéYī is the gallery permenantly exposing latest works of Jean-Pierre Baldini in Belgium over 20 years.
VIEW EXHIBITION "A MOMENT OF LIFE"
Our main exhibitions :
2022: "A Moment of Life", Art Thema • HéYī Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2022: 20th Century Art Fair, Brussels, Belgium
2021: Namur Antica, Namur, Belgium
2021: “Together”, Art Thema • HéYī Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2021: Grimaud Art Exposition, City Hall, Grimaud, France
2021: Art Up Lille, Lille, France
2021: "Timeless", group exhibition, Art Thema Héyī Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2021: "Art Exhibition for the Hommage of René Julien", Ramatuelle, France
1982 : Aix en Provence, France
1983: Avignon, France
1984: Lyon, France
1985: Toulouse, France
1986: He joined the team of artists of Jean and Régine Minet, Paris, France
1987: Avignon and Gorodka, France
1988: Montpellier, France
1989: Paris and Lille, France
Laguna Beach, U.S.A.
1990: St Etienne, France
1991: Montpellier at the City Hall, le Castellet and Lille, France
1993: "Retrospective 25 Years of Sculpture" at the Château de Biron by the General Council
1994: le Castellet and Lille, France
1995: Montpellier, Lyon, Dijon, France
1996: Participation to 25 Anni di Scultura Europea, Ferrara, Italy
Participation to Le Forme del Fuoco, Milan, Italy
Nice Fair, France
1997: Participation to l’Anima e le Forme au Museo Civico di Bologna, Italy
1998: Paris, France
2000: "Retrospective" at Palais de Nations de l’ONU, Genève, Switzerland
2001: "Retrospective" at Sénat, Paris, France
2002: Avignon, France
2003: l’Abbaye St-Georges de St-Martin de Boscherville, France
2004: Lille, France
Knokke le Zoute, Belgium
2005: Art Thema Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2007: Avranches, France
2008: Biarritz and Montpellier, France
2009: Exposition in Palais de l’Athéné, Genève, Switzerland
Clermont Ferrand, France
2010: Toulon and Millau, France
2011: Montpellier, le Puy en Velay and Cannes, France
2012: Rochefort, France
2014: le Castellet, France
2015: Montpellier, France
2016: Art Thema Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
Cannes, le Castellet and in Macon, France
2017: Art Thema Gallery, Brussels, Belgium,
Cannes and Castellet, Macon, Lourmarin, France
2018: "Retrospective" at Cloître St Trophime d’Arles, France
Vallongue Eygalières domain, France
2019: “Trace”, 50 years of sculpture, Ancien Évêché, Sarlat, France
2020: “Trace” and “Equi-libre", Art Thema Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2021: Solo exhibition, Uzès, France
A Livre Ouvert / An Opened Book
Buste Lapis II
Double Je I , 2022
Double Je II , 2022
Double Je III , 2022
Ecrire / Writing, 2013
Empreinte / Footprint
Equi-libre III, 2021
Equi-libre V, 2020
Et il y eut l'écriture I / And There Was Writing I, 2021
Et il y eut l'écriture II / / And There Was Writing II, 2021
Et il y eut l'écriture III / And There Was Writing III, 2022
Et il y eut l'écriture VI / And There Was Writing VI, 2022
Fracture (le mur), 2021
Fracture (le rocher)
La Lecture / Reading, 2021
Mémoire sur le Sable / Memory on the Sand
Ombre / Shadow
Reflet III, 2021