WHAT'S UP recently?Art Thema is opening a scupture gallery with Jean-Pierre Baldini in Arles!
ART THEMA follows the sun!Cap to ArlesFor more details...
After 40 years owning physical galleries in Belgium, Art Thema takes one more step to the South opening a new gallery in Arles with the collaboration of its beloved artist Jean-Pierre Baldini.
It means :
- a new gallery in the heart of the new cultural center of Provence, a stone to Camargue. Arles is a must see town as it is a UNESCO site, filled with Roman tresaures, revealing and important historical and ancient heritage. On top of that, Arles photography festival and the LUMA museum attracts high level contemporary art.
- focus on the sculpture and the volume. Artworks that will hung on the walls will be photographies related to volumes/sculpture/architecture, mural sculptures and installations.
- a permanent collection of Baldini 's 50 years of work in Arles. All the year, we will exhibit his sculptures collection through various themas and periods and show in exclusivity his new artworks.
- a room for the resident artists of Art Thema who is in charge ot the artistic direction. Never change a winning team!
- a guest artist for each new exhibition to create a dialogue with the others.
- sharing with you our passion for art in a very exciting new horizon
Catherine Meulemans, successor and new owner of Art Thema is choosing a way to promote art that better fits with her personnality and lifestyle in 2023. Reinforcing her solid experience by focusing in European artists mainly and taking on a new dimension by opening a new gallery in Arles, Art Thema opens it wings to wider its exposure.
From Brussels to South of France, Catherine stays your dedicated contact. She remains the golden thraed linking artists- artworks - artcollectors. Don't hesitate to contact her to discuss about your wishes and artistic projects!
We promise you very attractive exhibitions, happy discoveries and deep emotions for 2023!
Jean-Pierre BALDINIResident Sculptor
• 1949: Born in Cannes, France
Touched to the heart by the made of shapes, the clean lines, the grace of the curve, the reality of a moment in a movement of life of a contemporaneity which the sculptor Jean-Pierre BALDINI leads to asking existential questions, makes us want to discover the continuation of this path of life of such artistic intensity...
Over 50 years Jean-Pierre Baldini made nearly 300 bronze sculptures in themes of 25 series every 2-3 years that mark the strong personality of this artist.
ART THEMA is honored to be his first gallery in Brussels since 35 years and to continue to promote his amazing work internationally.
A Moment of LifeInto an eternal beauty...
• This land in the south of the Mediterranean, where the roughness of the stone mixed with a scent of hot earth are captivating, inspired the hand of the sculptor Jean-Pierre Baldini.
• Day after day, with application and perseverance, Jean-Pierre Baldini modelled, kneaded, this material so noble, chiselled it so that it becomes this elegance, this lightness, this balance ... Jean-Pierre Baldini posed them, they have become his muses. Bathed throughout his life by this generous obsession with eternal beauty, the artist loses us in a fundamental reflection with strength and commitment by leading us to dream in this so sensual universe. In tireless search of the mystery of femininity, Jean-Pierre Baldini broadened his field of creation and found a diversity of philosophical meaning in the different approaches to life.
• In an enchanting journey, made of shapes, movements and grace, the reality of a moment gives way to a beautiful and unique dream which invite us by Jean-Pierre Baldini. Behind the unusual or even surprising style, we feel in the heart this artist who masters and declines, with great generosity, sensitivity and passion, his space of freedom.
• The messages pass, subliminal or not, and do not leave us indifferent. Touched to the heart by these clean lines, this grace of the curve in a movement of life of a contemporaneity which leads to asking existential questions, makes us want to discover the continuation of this path of life of such artistic intensity.
Last creations*** Double-Je *** collection
New artworks of Beatrice ColsDirectly available!
Don't miss it!
Art Thema*** Exclusive Gallery since 1985 ***